Sunday, May 13, 2012

Colorado Here I Come!

Hey everyone! So, if you didn’t know already, I’m going to be in Colorado for 11 weeks this summer! I will leave on Tuesday for my friend Michelle’s house. On the way, my mom and I will be picking up Josie, another friend who is going with us, and then we will leave early Wednesday morning to start the drive. On the way, we will pick up the last girl who will be traveling with us, Christina.

I’m super excited to road trip across the country with these four girls! It’s a 20-hour drive, but don’t worry, we’re prepared. We’ve got dinosaur hats and a bubble wand!

But the road trip is just the beginning. I’m starting to realize how significant this summer may be in my life. It will be an opportunity to work a full time job, make some money, spend time in community, spend time in the mountains, and most importantly, grow closer to God as I’m out there.

No matter how prepared I want to be for this, I don’t think I’m going to be. What’s going to happen in Colorado is going to be something I simply won’t be able to predict, but I know God is going to blow my expectations away again.

Let’s get down to the main point. While I’m out in Colorado for the summer, I’m going to be updating about what’s going on by using my blog. I hope to update every week, however, it might be more, or it might be less. It will just depend on what I am learning and what is going on at the time.

And the posts will probably be shorter, which is something I’ve been trying to work on because I realize that people don’t easily hold their attention for a 3 page post, no matter how much I split it into paragraphs. I will also be posting prayer requests that I may have while I’m out there.

I also thought it would be a good idea to get a prayer team together while I’m out there because I know that prayer is powerful, and I know that it’s a good thing to have support. So, if you want to commit to praying for me while I’m out there, just respond in a comment on this post. If you don’t have blogger and can’t comment, just sent me a Facebook message. Any prayers are appreciated, and are stronger than anything else!

I guess the last thing to say is, stay tuned if you are interested in reading about my life! And if you are, thanks for reading! It really does mean a lot that people like to read what I write (because I love to write) and that people care about my life.

Mark 9:28-29- “And when he had entered the house, his disciples asked him privately, “Why could we not cast it out?” And he said to them, “This kind cannot be driven out by anything but prayer.”

3 comments:

  1. Kirsti! I would love to pray for you. This sounds like such an amazing opportunity, and I know God is totally going to bless you :) Make sure to stay hydrated out there, those mountains can be pretty dangerous, drink plenty of STRAPE :) love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alex, thank you so much! And don't worry, I will drink plenty of strape!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm definitely be praying for you Kirsti! I'm so excited to read about your summer and all the Lord is doing in and through you. OH, how he loves us =)

    ReplyDelete